PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 14th Jan 2011, 09:18
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

To all of you.

I understand why he removed Staff Travel.

I understand partly why he is going ahead with transfers and part time because he told people if the agreement went ahead he would make transfers, so he has done some for those that signed.

I did not strike as I have said many times.

My point is that all this is just hardening the strikers into thinking Bassa is right and that the strikers ARE being bullied. I am just trying to explain it from THEIR perspective and it IS making them more militant. Is that what we all want or do we want a settlement.

If you read the individual offer it is fine, it guarantees our terms and conditions, it gives us a pay deal and it promises to be fair with route transfers.

However if you look at the one the union are required to sign it is a lot different. It has a lot of things in it that I feel NO union would want to sign up to and this is the view of a moderate person, me. So it is just not as simple as many of you make out on here. Unfortunately many posters on here are not fully aware of all the facts and unfortunately see things in black and white.

Lets hope for all our sakes that both sides make an effort to be reasonable and actually try and end this. BA have actually got ALL the savings they wanted and for them, they actually need to do nothing, but maybe having got all they want in savings and a new fleet on lower costs, maybe now the icing on the cake is the destruction of the union.

I know many of you will think that is good but I can assure you it would have a detrimental effect on all other unions in BA and all other departments including ground staff and pilots. So please try and take a broader view of things.