PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 13th Jan 2011, 22:30
Fender Strat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been browsing these threads for some time and thought I'd sign up for my sixpenn'orth. OK so I'm not cabin crew. I'm an IT bod. Looking at the suggestion that as BASSA's records are in disarray, anyone could claim to have left the union by Dec 14th and get away with it, um....No. That date of Dec 14th coincides with the close date for docs to Pay Services. If you hadn't notified Pay Office by then, they would pay the subs to BASSA in the pay run. BA would know who had paid out subs to BASSA and who hadn't. They could not turn a blind eye as this would leave them open to charges of inducing members to leave the union. So far BA management seem to have been pretty canny in how they've played this dispute. Can't see them losing the plot now, particularly as HR is now under the same wing as Legal.

Does sound a bit like BA management are pushing the edge of the envelope though with the part time deal. Bound to inflame the union side. I just wonder if there is a change in tone from Unite's leadership though. They sound less strident in the past few days, having stated that strikes won't take place over the Easter weekend or Royal wedding. If so will they be able to rein in BASSA to play ball ?