PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crisis
Thread: Crisis
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2001, 11:58
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 206 Likes on 73 Posts
Unhappy

In my defence:

a) All I have advised here is suspending making any decision on training for 3 or 6 months.

b) For anyone questioning my motives I invite you to deal with a tidal wave of email and the fraught phone calls I am fielding from Wannabes terrified that their dream is becoming a nightmare in front of their eyes.

c) I am making lots of posts - you cannot seriously tell me that this is not the biggest issue PPRuNe Wannabes has ever been around for, 1996 - 2001 will be seen as the good years :-(

I am pleased that BEA's loads are holding up RD. So are Go's. Perhaps though those tickets were sold prior to the WTC. And we have not reached the serious UK recession yet... I'm certainly not getting into any chicken counting competitions.

I know all about the argument that it is possible to train in the worst of times so as to be ready for the upturn - Danny did just that in 1991. However it is not an ideal strategy for a younger Wannabe fincancing themselves of debt and the re-mortgage of the family home.