PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crisis
Thread: Crisis
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2001, 07:31
Charlie Foxtrot India

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Angel

I'd like to add a little ray of hope here:

My story was that I got my BCPL and instructor rating in 1991. Within a month or two of Air Europe and Dan Air going belly up. After two years of doing about three hours instructing a week, and no prospect of any movement in the industry, I decided to step off the ladder and start afresh away from aviation on the other side of the world.(That's another story)

ANYWAY when I returned home for a visit (honeymoon actually) after five years, I spent some happy times in jump seats chatting to former colleagues and students of mine while they flew turboprops from the left hand seat. Many old friends I didn't catch up with because they were away flying jets.
So...Hang in there!!!! If I hadn't given up so easily, I'd be flying the big jets now too (as it is I actually prefer my little Cherokees in CAVOK Australia)

Hang in there but don't put all your eggs in the aviation basket. Have another way of keeping body and soul together because otherwise at times like this you'll become broke and bitter and no use to anyone.

Here in Aus our second airline has just gone belly up so it's pretty grim here too. But it will turn around, it alwys does.

"Pollyanna Foxtrot India"