PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crisis
Thread: Crisis
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2001, 05:36
Quentin Wellinup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear Prop

I didn't read WW's post like that at all. Seems to me he's being brutally honest. Both WW and Scroggs provide the occasional required reality checks in this forum, and I would think most Wannabes are grateful for their input and advice in this regard.

The fact is the world is teatering on all out war - Western Economies are in danger of collapse, and the aviation industry is looking grim to say the least. Not a good time to be commencing very expensive training in a inter/trans continental industry one would think.

On the flipside - history has shown that sometimes seemingly negative occurences sometimes have a way of turning themselves into positives in the medium to long term.

As a previous poster said - this may actually create a shortage in 3 - 5 years time due to a lot a people deciding to pursue a career elsewhere because of the current situation.

At the end of the day - who knows - Nobody can say for certain the final outcome of the barbarity in the U.S. or the industry status over the next 5 years. I do however think it is fair to say that in the short term the industry is not a pretty picture.

I for one am seriously reconsidering my options, but will wait to see what pans out over the next few months. There may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Adjunct - Just read on a separate thread that Scroggs himself has just been made jobless - I think that pretty well sums it up.

[ 19 September 2001: Message edited by: Dundee ]