PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 13th Jan 2011, 14:23
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

According to a BA manager the disruption agreement states they only have to inform Bassa and explain the time scale. There has never been a requirement to seek their permission, obviously there has to be an obvious cause for the agreement to be used, like ash cloud or snow etc.

This is a quote from the disruption agreement and one of our managers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"The IFS Operations Manager will contact the chairperson of each of the Trades Unions to inform them of the situation and recommend a timescale for which the disruption agreement will be required."

I can confirm that the IFCE Operations Manager did make the required contact prior to the Disruption Agreement being activated.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
So BA did follow the procedure correctly.

With regard transfers and part time, I can see what you are trying to say but don't quite see why the fact that Bassa have withdrawn from union processes that this would affect previous agreements. All along BA have been saying that they will honour our agreements.

Whether BA are in the right or wrong and so far they have done everything by the book, I will agree, it is still a strange thing to do if they truly want an end to all of this.

Although I find being at work fine now, I really don't want to go through all the stress of another strike and I would hope that my employer would do everything it can to avoid this for both the sake of our company and our customers. I do tend to come on here and post more when I am stressed about the situation at work, sorry if I am beginning to bore some of you!!! Because I am obviously stressed as I am on here all the time at the mo!!

But this is NOT the way to regain peace or trust. It really isn't!!