PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comparable pay offer for ATCEs/ATSAs
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2002, 16:38
All Systems Go

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You hit the nail right on the head there jocko my friend. You're just looking after yourselves. Thats what we engineers/ATSAs are doing by getting all annoyed at people just like you that seem to cause more problems than you fix. I myself have alot of responsiblity in my job. If I mess up things could go really wrong for ATCOs, and would you believe there are more things I could do wrong to cause problems than you. You have very well laid out procedures for most things. Ok, you do have to manage this and one flight going the same way each day will probably never take the same route twice etc, but my point is that my job is far less procedural than yours. Now don't bite my head off on that (I know your gonna, you see like the type...). I don't really know an awful lot about your job, although I have to know enough to know what the pressures on you are and what you need fixing first, why you can't talk at times and why you can at others. But I guarantee you I know more about yours than you do about mine.

All the rest of the SAME UNION want is parity. nothing more. Maybe our BEC types were niave in believing the management that there was no more cash. Thats not the point any more. The point now is I pay the same union dues as you, so why should my dues pay for your bigger pay rise? Just looking after myself chum!!