PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airasia incident in Malaysia
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2011, 14:01
MucMuc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Sunstar320 on this one...

Look at It this way - Air Asia expanded with lightning speed, needing lots of pilots, and quickly. Pilot training in Malaysia (even more so abroad) is too expensive for most of the population, and there are no real flying schools around (Lived there for few years, believe me, I was trying to find them!!) that could train the number of pilots they needed.

So, where did the pilots come from? Some from their own training program (sped up for max output, from scratch), and some were brought from Thailand, Indonesia, India and Philippines. The thread about their licenses is on this forum.

On the other hand, I have had horrendous experiences with their ground staff in KL on few occasions, one where they were letting passengers flog off their extra luggage to other passengers on the flight to carry it from them - and police didn't bat an eyelid. And that's just one of few dodgy incidents with AirA that happened to me personally!!! So if that's their attitude on the ground, attitude in the air can't be much better either....

PS. Never flew them again after that, and never will again.