PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 12th Jan 2011, 08:07
BetterByBoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure how reissuing contracts will help - BA have a proportion of cabin crew who are disgruntled, embittered (not sure about what) and deluded. Reissuning new contracts will hardly help any of those matters. It would appear that the dispute is too far gone for rational thought as even the more moderate cabin crew who are for strike action seem to be living in a world of their own.

Posted by PC767 on the Cabin Crew thread - "And of course removing my little responsibility and authority is a consequence of reducing my t&cs and pay. The entire thread creep is a consequence of BA dispute and encouragement of war with it's cabin crew."

Sorry - but if this is representative of BA Cabin Crew then it is a sad state of ignorance ... can anyone explain to me when PC767 had their pay reduced? What terms and conditions have been affected? And wasn't it PC767s union leader (DH) who declared a "guerilla war" on BA after boasting of "No Negotiation"?

If the strike ballot is for strike action and it is deemed unprotected, then I can't see any other option other than sacking the strikers. It is the only way for the company to move forward in the face of a significant number of cabin crew who seem to be living in their own world ... as PC767 states in a later post:

"to my mind it highlighted the loss of CRM that is occurring at BA as a result of the dispute and the intensifying of the power battle between managers and crew"

That seems to sum up the problem with a percentage of BA cabin crew - they think they run the airline .. and they think they should be allowed to manage it. Just how big that percentage is will become apparent with the next strike ballot results.

Last edited by BetterByBoat; 12th Jan 2011 at 08:49.