PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of becoming an ATCO
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2011, 19:56
Electric-chick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, thank you all for you comments and advice, some more helpful than others. I was trying to get across with my background that I believe I have the aptutude to go to NATS and do the course as I have a good knowlege of aircraft landing systems and intruments as I have programmed flight simulaters with runway and approach information and have co-organised, installed and tested a huge anti collision installation for the RAF. More to avionic maintenance than some people think! Thanks for the info on pay upon graduation,much better than I thought. I am unsure though if I can risk a year on a course only to be posted somewhere where I cannot afford to live as I have a house and husband and young son in Lincolnshire, our house is not worth very much in this part of the world.
Yes, not sure of how or why I would benifit from a nice quiet unit, I did four years in the Army, never one for a quiet life me hense wanting a career change at the old age of 38 lol.
I need to have a long think, It is certainly something I wish to do (turned it down with the RAF many years ago). As my age reflects I am not free and single (no complaints though) and have to consider all factors.
Thanks to you all.
Catherine