PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet more FISO questions
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2011, 19:24
PhiltheReaper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opening an old thread

This thread is a bit like a faithful companion, getting a bit old, but still completely useful!

Chevron, I've seen your very sensible posts elsewhere on this forum and I'm grateful for those. If you don't mind, I'd like to hi-jack this thread to relate it a little to myself (selfish so and so)!

I live in North Yorkshire at the moment, and as you may be aware I have a current NATS application on-going.

I have done some research into FISOs, looked at the CAA CAP documents relating to radiotelephony and FISOs and coallated it into a Wikipedia article entitled Flight Information Service Officer (it helps me collect the research in my mind, and was useful for en.wiki! In fact, if you'd like to contribute to that article I'd be veeeeeery very thankful), but I still have a few questions.

I'm loosely addressing this post to you as I'm interested to hear that after NATS you became a FISO (in fact, if I fail the process somewhere of becoming an ATCO I will probably try to self-fund a FISO License immediately).

May I ask the following:
      And slightly off topic (this should perhaps be in the NATS application thread, but this saves a short post!).

Thank you (and any other kind souls who might reply here).

Phil