PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 11th Jan 2011, 17:29
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

I see what you are saying Hula but just don't understand why it would make any difference that they are in dispute because the transfers take place under an already agreed ops and choice agreement which does not affect overall numbers on WW and E/F. Plus transfers have recently taken place only a couple of months ago.

I understand that they want to reduce numbers but I think the only reason they have not been doing that, up until now, was that they WERE using it as a way to persuade the strikers that they will be given part time if they agree to the offer. So I think this is a deliberate ploy to try and put pressure on Unite.

I do think however it could be seen as discriminatory against union members because they are being treated differently to non-union members who have signed the agreement.

I also flew with a non-striker who has remained in the union and he was waiting for part time. So he has been left out too because he IS in a union and that does not seem fair.

If I was on a list I would be one of the lucky ones but it does not stop me thinking it is not right and just going to polarise peoples views about how unfair they perceive BA is.