PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 11th Jan 2011, 15:58
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PC767
Ottergirl. can I draw your attention to the following, which was posted on the Bassa web site;

“They (Manpower) have confirmed that you are on a list for a contract reduction. As you say you are on the list but this is a second list - there are two lists before yours which will be made offers before the list that you are on. Bill has said that those who sign/have already signed the Individual Offer will be offered part-time first - before others on the list that have not signed. I am not sure whether you have or have not signed, as that information is not available to me.”*
*This is a direct ‘cut and paste’ from a letter received by a crew member from their line manager.
Thank you PC767, those of us not in BASSA have no access to this kind of thing usually. I, like Betty, am shocked if it's true (assuming that BASSA is telling the truth is not something I do very often these days) because it does seem to be unnecessarily provocative at a time when creeping on eggshells seems more appropriate. What would be the rational behind it I wonder as someone could only accept the offer if they had already left the Union by 14/12/10 so there is not even an incentive to leave Unite. I will be asking for more information tomorrow at work.

PS I also agree with Betty about all this petty point scoring over Av med situations; we deal with whatever we encounter then we tell the Captain what we did, there's even a crew member assigned that role in the medical drill! Very simple! No need for a "who's got the biggest appendage" competition.