PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 11th Jan 2011, 09:27
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading Unites little flyer gives a wonderfully distorted view of the company which, in my humble opinion, is an excellent company to work for.

Vary rarely, if ever, does the flyer use the phrase 'of those who replied' when using statistics pertaining to bullying. The actual figures when taken against the total workforce drop from the almost 50% that Unite headline to less than 5% of the total workforce.

Considering that less than 2000 even bothered with such a waste of time survey one might realistically conclude that those who could be bothered were those with the biggest axe to grind.

Interestingly one persons view on what constitutes bullying can differ radically from the next persons. For example it is the Captains responsibility to give feedback to the crew and the First Officer on performance. This may take the case of negative feedback where performance is lacking and thus require constructive critisism. This has often been construed as bullying by certain individuals where the recipient refuses to see inadequacies in their performance and refuses to believe it the Captains position to manage the crew. No bullying intended as it is laid down as a responsibility of the Captain in JPM's. However the CC report goes in and the statistics fly.

The atmosphere within the aircraft can, very occasionally, be 'interesting' and thus anything said or done that contravenes certain recipients somewhat low threshold gets reported. Such as the report from the back that a junior CC member considered a 'heavy landing' in atrocious weather thus reported it to the company without bothering to tell the Captain (it was nowhere near but, hey, what do the flight crew know ;-) ). It makes the day at work fun! My prime aim is to ensure that any discussions are left off the aircraft and that passengers remain throughout the flight the number one priority. I am pleased to say that this approach has worked well so far and discussions pertaining to the current dispute of a contentious nature onboard the aircraft are not allowed.

I love DH's ramblings, perhaps he will overtake J K Rowling in the fiction charts?