PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DJ Turboprops announced in Skywest tie up
Old 11th Jan 2011, 03:01
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can feel it in Eastern. The captains want to have more time off (>8 days off). The fo want to have a career progression. If they offer either of those with reasonable remuneration, you will see people leaving from the left or the right of the pit. But all depends whether JB gets ATR or Q400.
I wouldn't assume it'll fall under the VB eba. Vaus didn't and neither did Pac Bro. Qlink doesn't fall under QF does it? There you go.

I think REX will be the first to suffer the losses for east coast bases. The Qlink salary whilst not massive is more than at REX. Then there is the likes of Skippers which will fill the majority of the WA spots. There might be one of those spontaneous pay rises coming up! Either that or a closing of doors due to an exodus. You'd have to say with Network/QF and XR/VB deals Skippers might want to set and alarm clock. Could we see Alliance/Skippers deal? Year of the merger deals?

So many in WA said "oh Virgin, they'll be gone soon". Well JB has kicked off "leaving" WA by getting 4 a 330's and 18 turbo props the majority of which are focused on the resource rich WA. Kudos to those on the Ejet in Perth that took the punt (not that it was a punt anyway) and now have the quickest Jet commands anywhere in the continent. Before you know it the 73-800s will be based there as well. But thats right they'll be gone soon..

Anyone with actual figures

Captain: $
FO: $
FA: $
Days off per month:
Other:

for

1. REX
2. Qlink
3. XR

Last edited by Mr. Hat; 11th Jan 2011 at 03:40.