PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 10th Jan 2011, 21:00
just an observer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re the Unite survey, there's a few bits of info I'd like to see included, such as -

1. Did they send surveys to BA staff in the proportion of any one department to the total employees? Ie, CC are about 13000 out of 40000 plus, so about 3500 CC should have got surveys, and so on for other depts.

2. From which depts did the 1900 odd replies come? Ie, were they mainly CC, or spread evenly in proportion across areas? Given the number of respondents that reported abuse from passengers, which only really CC or terminal staff see, I'd guess the respondents were mainly CC, who have been told repeatedly by BASSA for the last couple of years that BA is bullying them, so they would perhaps be more likely to interpret 'management' as in monitoring, leave requests, promotion - or the lack of it - as bullying.

I'd like to know more about the underlying the statistics.

The full report states 11000 surveys issued, but the headline article on the Unite webpage simply says 'The confidential survey of nearly 2,000 BA employees', which is misleading to say the least.