PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Least Foolish of a Foolish Decision
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2011, 09:01
portsharbourflyer
Educated Hillbilly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercenary Pilot,

Well yes, it would certainy be worth exploring all avenues, in 9 months time (when I should be in a position to financially consider this), Ryanair may well have changed the criteria back to the previous requirements, which previously was pass the sim check and interview and front up the cash. Its only very recently the criteria has changed to consider performance in initial training. I will make the relevant enquiries anyway.

Zonda, why do you think I am now considering a pay to fly scheme. That said on the subject of Easyjet, there are also the A320 + 150 hours Line training schemes to consider.

Three years back if you asked me if I would consider a pay to fly scheme I would have probably said no way, ever. But when I consider that to become a full time instructor I took a 30K pay cut; then had I stayed in previous job then in the space of 12 months, I would have raised the cash for a pay to fly scheme. So in hindsight in my position it was pure madness to give up a well paid job to instruct full time.