PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2011, 20:40
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What BHX needs are 2 things:

-a good routes team who dare to be bold and go after anyone and everyone. With the right terms, there will be some who say yes

then

-a good advertising team telling everyone about where they can go from BHX.
MAN has just had a good advertising campaign demonstrating the connections from MAN, which is working well according to a news report (cant remember where I read it, but will attempt to dig it out).

MAN even has a simple yet very effective adertising idea which is working well too, and that is their pig-a-pault game on face book. Basically, it subliminally shows all of MAN's destinations as the user plays, and the user can win prizes which draws them in. Again, this is proving a hit, as some friends and family have played and commented things like 'I never knew you could get to Rome from Manchester?''

Things like this, using multimedia like Face book and so on is what BHX needs to do.

No issue with Midlanders but I just cannot imagine there is anything to look at once you get there
Its not so much about bringing new people to the area, its also about keeping what you have, and BHX currently only has 40% of its cathment comming through its doors.