PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 8th Jan 2011, 13:27
TorC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ottergirl
Is the BASSA meeting at the same time?
Not sure, but think it's either on the 10th or 11th. Worked with someone the other day who was "phoning scheduling to demand a day-off for the bassa meeting and ####'em if they don't give it to me." Nice! And quite what they're going to talk about there is hard to imagine.

A few of my colleagues were eagerly discussing the ballot the other day, all (said they) had voted YES as soon as they got the ballot paper. If it were me, I like to think I may have held-off for a while, pending any major developments before the ballot closes. Still, the main points of conversation seemed to be what would be going-on at Bedfont, what to wear, and the fact that most drinking would have to be done inside if it turns-out cold. A fine grasp of the important issues there then!

In the meantime, quite a few of us already have been, and more will be, trained-up to act as SCCMs during the strike, further showing that a near-to-full operation should be quite easy to mount.