PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sensationalist media at it again. QF & JQ "near miss"
Old 8th Jan 2011, 09:57
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Uninformed dolts.

I know quite a lot about this particular flight. There was no near miss, there were no other aircraft anywhere near the runway. There was a QF 767 and a J* A320 waiting at the holding point. The article is a load of crap. I can guarantee that whoever made up the story (and it's made up because nothing on the PA mentioned any other aircraft and the PA specifically referred to the gusty wind conditions being outside safe approach parameters) is going after their 15 minutes of fame.

Absolutely disgusted. It's been quite a while since I've been this seething mad. 'Mr Russell' needs to be called out. He's somewhere between a misinformed dolt and a malicious liar.

A couple of other points worth making. A SE change arrived at the airfield shortly after. These weather conditions contributed to at least one or two aircraft behind also making missed approaches. The weather conditions on the subsequent approach were just as bumpy but the southerly had settled in by the time we made that approach.

I can't get over how irritated this makes me.

Last edited by Keg; 8th Jan 2011 at 11:39. Reason: Spelling, syntax, title, ubb code, etc.