PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2011, 16:39
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air India

Hassaan13

Quote "i'd much rather the Delhi-Amritsar-(UK destination)-Toronto flight to be moved to Birmingham and permanently"

The problem is that the flight no longer exists in that format since the change to the winter schedules. Air India has invested in the Delhi hub and the flight is split as follows - Direct Delhi to Toronto and ATQ-DEL on an A320/1 then a plane change to the 77W/77L to DEL-YYZ or DEL-LHR, if you are coming to the UK.

Over on the Dublin thread somebody has suggested that Air India are still talking to the DAA, as the Delhi hub is allegedly not working. However it would have to be really bad to dismantle it after only a few months.

PIA

I would prefer LHE & KHI to be dealt with by the new joint venture with Turkish Airlines, let PIA feed the BHX pax through Istanbul and onward on the TK service. There is plenty of capacity on ISB at the moment.

EK

They haven't been filling the two flights (October/November) although things do change quickly with EK due to various reasons, although I am amazed
GLA has remained one flight with constantly high load factors.