PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we going to end up like the UK??
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2011, 07:04
rocket66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crusty that is exactly what I'm trying to say. In the longer term I think declining T&C's will drive new pilots away from aviation to other higher paying, easier careers. This will cause T&C's to go up and attract new pilots, and around and around we go.

Perhaps we also need unions with some clout, and some government rulings which entice companies to roll out EBA's in a timely and efective manner. In my experience, if the unions and companies cannot agree the EBA's get dragged out so before long your paying your mortgage based on "frozen" wage levels from 2 years proir.

The inquiry will hopefully shed some much needed light on the subject in time to come I just hope the pollies find a correct solution after gathering information and TALKING TO PEOPLE WITHIN THE INDUSTRY!!!

Perhaps cadets should be seen as an investment rather than a cost to the company. Without pilots airlines would have a lot of expensive A/C sitting idle on the ramps "costing" them even more money. I'm sure the bean counters however have a better idea !!!