PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 6th Jan 2011, 20:13
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not impressed by their conversation at all. The coverage of the so-called "right to strike" was complete and universal. Er, there is no "right to strike" in Marxist countries. Try striking in Russia and China and Burma.

I only heard them talking about how TUs and Co.s should continue to pay them (the lawyers) many thousands of pounds per day to carry on arguing about silly points of law that the lawyers could not agree on.

I humbly suggest that their version of the "right to strike" should be re-named "the right to strike yourself out of a job"

Do they really think that BA folk have a right to strike, when Etihad, Emirates, the Asian, the Chinese and Russian airlines do not??

I'm afraid that they, and some of our UK colleagues need to spend more time in Asia.

Litebulbs - try working in China for your rights. I'm not saying they are right, but saying that you are OK to strike just opens up the chance that the Chinese will take your job...............and the Chinese are cheaper than the Welsh.

Last edited by Ancient Observer; 6th Jan 2011 at 20:14. Reason: typo