PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is it on BA Mixed Fleet, are you enjoying it?
Old 5th Jan 2011, 09:49
StudentInDebt

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
As a general rule we are having 2 days after LAS, DEN but none after NBO - Which I can’t seem to get my head around. Time will tell I suppose?
Do LAS and DEN appear at the end of your blocks of work and NBO at the beginning? Given your example line of work they are using your unacclimatised on the 2 European trips but as you probably don't need the max FDP and are getting 3 local nights rest in a timezone 2 hours wide (assuming you get 8 hours between 10pm and 8am) you are acclimatised for the LAS giving you the max FDP possible. You could equally have a LAS or DEN at the beginning of a block and work a similar pattern.

Whilst this looks great on paper and is probably termed "efficient" rostering I imagine once the fatigue reports start rolling into the CAA it will be changed fairly quickly. From the CAA publication The Avoidance Of Fatigue In Aircrews
Other factors to be considered when planning duty periods include:
a) the allocation of work patterns which avoid such undesirable practices as
alternating day/night duties, the positioning of crew so that a serious disruption of
established sleep/work patterns occur, or scheduling rest periods of between 18
and 30 hours especially after long flights crossing many time zones;