PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2011, 18:26
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the reply I received today from Gatwick.
Dear Mr ........

I am in receipt of your email dated 24 December and am sorry to learn that you have had reason to complain.

It may be helpful to explain that as the airport operator we provide the infrastructure in order that airlines, their agents and other third parties may carry out their business. Whilst we play no part in the British Hotel Reservations Centre, nevertheless we are always concerned to learn of any customer dissatisfaction with services provided by any business that has chosen to operate at London Gatwick as this reflects poorly on the airport as a whole.

As your complaint rests directly with BHRC, I must ask that you direct your concern to them if you wish to pursue this matter further. For information their website is www dot bhrconline dot com

To close, I am sorry not to be more helpful and regret the poor impression you have been left with on this occasion.

Yours sincerely

(name removed)
Customer Services
I rang the BHRC to get the name of a senior person to whom I could address a complaint, and was immediately put through to the person in question who gave me her name and email address. I have emailed her and would like to think that the follow up to my email will be handled as professionally as my telephone enquiry.