PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 4th Jan 2011, 09:26
notlangley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The actual question"

Malcolmf asks on the other forum
Apologies if I've missed it, but has anyone seen the actual question on the ballot paper?
Is it "Are you prepared to take strike action" or "Are you prepared to take strike action over the introduction of Mixed Fleet" or some other reason?
This is also what I have been searching for._ The best that I can find is
Unite says the five issues between the crew and the airline are:
1. The immediate restoration of staff travel concessions, in full, to the crew from whom they were taken by BA.
2. Binding arbitration, through Acas, of all cabin crew disciplinary cases related to the original dispute, which led to 22 days of strike action between March and May 2010.
3. The restoration of all earnings docked from crew who were genuinely off sick during strike dates.
4. Full and proper discussion of the trade union facilities agreement at the company with the immediate removal of all threats and sanctions made by BA in relation to this
5. The introduction of mixed fleet on different terms and conditions without the agreement of the trade union.

The ballot will close on 21 January 2011.
reference:-__link
I presume that the ballot paper has a piece of paper in the same envelope that lists these five issues._ I also presume that the vote is to go on strike because of this bundle of five issues.

I have also failed to find a good reference for the wording for the ballot that was about twelve months ago.