PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How rude
Thread: How rude
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2011, 07:39
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glush

I can't help feeling that the real reason for this post is that you feel irritated at the guy in the Pitts getting off ahead of you however I think his airmanship might be a little suspect if no radio calls were made.

As you say the CCT was busy so the fact that the guy in the Pitts could get away while you were back tracking he did in fact ease the congestion.

I operate from an airfield that is very busy and I know that it takes low time students a long time to get the checks done properly and so position the aircraft in a way to avoid delays to traffic that arrives at the hold behind me.

Most of the congestion at small airfields is is due to students being taught to fly overly large CCT's and long approaches, some of the CCT's I have seen flown are so large that a 737 could fly a tighter CCT!

This thing about aircraft landing on a runway that is still occupied by another aircraft is pure rubbish. as long as the other aircraft is far enough along the runway for a safe landing to be made the why not "land after".
The worrying thing is that the powers that be in light aviation seem to find the "land after" unacceptable and issue a go around order at the drop of a hat, it seems that the only place that I now regularly get a land after clearance is at Gatwick.