PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How rude
Thread: How rude
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2011, 00:23
boofhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybymike, you are kidding, right? If you cannot takeoff on reaching the holding point because of checklists, run ups or whatever, park to the side and let the others through. Why make them wait? When did that airport become your property?
I am amazed also at pilots who think they can enter a runway then hold while completing checks, never mind any airplane on final. What if the landing airplane was a glider?
And how did that airplane landing behind you affect you, in any way? You have no idea if he had a problem with an engine, or a need to be on the ground without delay. If he had asked for the orbit at a controlled airport he would have been given it immediately and it still would have had no effect on your flight.
I have had radio problems at times, thinking I was transmitting or receiving when I was not, so I am not so quick to find fault with others. There is no place in aviation for impatience, yours or theirs. If the airport is not controlled, please share it sensibly.
Try to be more accommodating with others; give them some leeway. In turn they will do the same for you.