PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Fighter pilot in FFA, or heli
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2011, 00:05
Harrrrry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future Fighter pilot in FFA, or heli

Shot in the dark,
Hey, i've wanted to be a fighter pilot since about 7, i don't know how, i'd never watched top gun or anything like that, never seen one and never seen anything about it, i knew what one was and have always had an REALLY wanted to be one, then my eyesight went bad... , my eyesight now is about 20/70, but if i get laser eye surgery i can get it to like 15/20 (or the other way around :s, which every one is better) and i can i get the money for it, so i'm hoping that in about 6 years laser eye surgery will be more accepted (i'm planning on joining the fleet air arm (royal navy air force, as i guessed they have less applicants than the raf and i'll have a better chance) so apart from that, i'm almost 14 right now, i'm good at maths and physics, i'm not extremely tall, i'm like 5' 6", i'm physically fit, i have no medical conditions (asthma, ect.), i don't get air sick and i love flying, i"m planning on doing duke of edinburgh gold if that'll help me and i'm really determined, my eyesight only makes me more determined (and i hope the laser eye surgery thing will work)
So what do i need to do to help me and give me an edge, anymore information you need i'll add. thanks in advance.