PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commercial training sponsorship advice.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2011, 23:57
X13CDX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Commercial training sponsorship advice.

Could anyone help me with some greatly needed advice. I am 26 years of age and I live in West Yorkshire. I live with my partner and our two young daughters of 5 years and 15 months. For as long as I can remember I have always dreamed and wanted to become an airline pilot. Through all of my schooling and through my A Level examinations I have always driven my education in the direction needed to achieve this dream. From studying A Level Maths and Physics at sixth form college to taking private tuition (although limited financially) with flying a real aeroplane.

Up until this point, I have only been very limitedly able to further my ambition towards achieving my dream of becoming an airline pilot. Financial restraints have always to this point meant that my progression in this is so slow that I will never be able to achieve it. Earlier this summer I read an article about The Pilot Training College. Which is a college based in Waterford Ireland that offered its students upon successful completion of a mixture of aptitude testing, examinations and interviews, a placement on their integrated airline pilot training program. Where by upon completion over 14 months they would then place you with one of their partner airlines and you would then be a fully qualified and flying first officer. So I applied to them and went along to one of their very well presented open evenings at Manchester Airport. After being thoroughly impressed by their professionalism and friendly manner I was extemely delighted to be invited along to an aptitude and skills assesment day later in the month. I was then sent a very comprehensive study pack and spent the next 5 weeks putting all of my spare time and effort into learning everything and more needed for my up coming interview and assessment day.

Then in October I attended Manchester Airport for my assessment day with The Pilot Training College. After an aptitude and assessment program throughout the day, followed by interview I was over the moon to be the only candidate out of the many there that day to be offered a place on their Integrated Airline Pilot Training Program. I was even more elated to discover that not only did they want me to come and be part of their college but that although there were no places available on their course until Sept 2011, they were willing to make extra room for me to attend as early as March 2011.

So this is where I stand today. After all my hard work, I have been offered and provisionally accepted a place on the Pilot Training College's Integrated Airline Pilot Training Program. The program takes myself and my family out to Melbourne, Florida to complete the first 10 months of flying training and ground school. Upon completion the final 4 months is completed at their facility in Waterford Ireland. Once completed I will then hold a Frozen ATPL and be fully qualified and ready to apply and work for an airline as a first officer.

Here is where I am kindly asking for your help and advice. The only thing now standing in my way of achieving my dream of commercial flying is being able to secure the finance required for the training program from one of the colleges recommended lenders. As the course and living costs while training amount to around £80,000 GBP there is a certain amount of security needed for such a large loan amount. This security in the form of some equity in a home or otherwise. Unfortunately I am not a home owner and my family is not in a position financially to be able to help me with securing these funds either. So at the minute my dreams have once again stalled.

Having exhausted all of my options financially now, I am forced to look into other ways I could make my families future happen. Both for my own dreams and career aspirations, as well as providing a good financially stable future for my young family, especially for my young daughters. I would like to ask for your help. If you would be so kind as to possibly help me with some advice on how I could find potential sponsorship for the funding for my training.

I apologise for the lenght of this post but I felt that any advice given should be from someone who knows the detailed picture. Any advice that you can give would be greatly received.

Many thanks.