PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How rude
Thread: How rude
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2011, 23:36
flybymike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take the same view as Glush in that human nature will inevitably regard this type of "pushing in" as intensely annoying and unforgivably rude as far as the average Englishman is concerned. None of us would simply say nothing if someone barged in front of us in a queue at the Post Office or chip shop, and philosophical thoughts along the lines of "did it really do much to inconvenience me" cut little mustard. I have had exactly the same situation occur to me (ironically in reverse) at Beverly last year when an instructor with student barged past me completely unannounced, while I was still doing run up checks at the hold, and sailed off into the distance in front of me. (Marvellous demonstration of airmanship for an aspiring pilot) A few days later another instructor following my aircraft after a go around on an obstructed runway at Breighton, obviously decided that my idea of a conventional circuit was far too time consuming for him to bother with and he simply turned his following go around "circuit" into an orbit over the field directly behind me and a quick reposition back to finals while I was still downwind. Did it inconvenience me? no not strictly. Did it annoy me? Bloody right it did.