PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How rude
Thread: How rude
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2011, 22:37
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glush

So what was your aircraft? I am genuinely interested as I have a little Pitts time; I cant think of any aircraft that would typically be used for student training that would outperform a Pitts; I appreciate you might not have being doing ab initio training.

I agree about runway ahead, but to be fair, you took your decision and the other pilot was entitled to take his. He accepted not using the full runway length and he alone was responsible for that decision.

I also agree that if you had turned and the Pitts "infringed" the runway after your turn then his airmanship was poor. If he had lined up and started his roll while you were backtracking and before you had completed your turn that might be a diffferent matter.

I am not sure what the aircraft did behind the Pitts is relevant - after all he was never going to be in a position to "take" an immediate.

Events such as this are always going to be a matter of judgement. You are an isntrutor so I would expect your judgement to be sound. I have seen novices very unhappy with the action of other pilots whereas in fact what the other pilot did was perfectly safe and not the least inconsiderate.

It is impossible to be critical about the events you describe for that reason because I can see circusmtances in which the Pitts pilot had not behaved unreasonably and equally, dependent on the Pilot's timing, the actions of a rather pushy and inconsiderate pilot. However, at least it is difficult to construct an argument that the other pilot's actions were actually dangerous, which is at least some help, while not an excuse for his actions.

You comment about aircraft landing while the runway is still occupied. I dont entirely follow your point. You will be familiar with the instruction to "land after", are you uncomfortable with a pilot accepting a land after clearance unless the pilot is absolutely certain the runway will be completely vacated or are you referring only to fields without air traffic?

PS - I am assuming Leicester is still A/G (it was the last time I was there). If so I agree with the other posters, the very least the Pitts should have done is announce his intentions. If Leicester now has AT then of course it is tea without bickies, the Pitts had no clearance and the pilot should be shot.