PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resources for low-time pilots not interested in airlines?
Old 2nd Jan 2011, 05:58
darkroomsource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I don't think you get it.
Assume you're hiring someone to work in your company, let's say you're an IT manager, and are looking for a Unix Administrator, or maybe an Oracle DBA, or even a Junior Level Programmer.

Would you hire someone who's only going to work for you for two weeks, then leave and go back to his "day job"?

It would take you two weeks to show him where his cubicle is at, where the bathrooms are, cafeteria, source code libraries, etc. etc. etc.

Why assume that a company hiring pilots would be any different?

So you need to point yourself in a slightly different direction. Don't limit your search to the criteria you've listed. I'm trying to say this in as nice and polite a way as possible.

I don't think that even a ferry company would be interested in someone who can only work when he's got vacation time from his day job.

I can think of one flying job where you can work on mostly just Saturdays, and the occaisional day during the week, and that would be a part time instructor position.