PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 1st Jan 2011, 16:32
Landroger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs

We do and you will perhaps not be surprised to learn that we - as 'ordinary Brits' - cordially hate the process. We have to submit an annual update to our original submission, effectively 'bigging up' our achievements and 'wins' during the past year. Our first line manager will have done his or her own assessment, which I get to see and discuss at an annual 'appraisal'.

It is a very American process and as I say, we Brits are never comfortable with its format, except that we do, reluctantly, recognise that it is at least a half way reasonable way of assessing 'what we bring to the party'.

In my case, I am always dinged for my crap paperwork and praised and thanked for the technical and customer satisfaction side of my job. The written element of the process is supplimented by other measurements, such as 'applied time', although we hate that particular definition.

Perhaps I should point out that we are non union in the UK, but my peers in France are very unionised and those in Germany have the Betriebsraat (sp?).

ROger.