PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Infinte Type Rated Pilots it seems!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2011, 13:03
bokboy22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Southerskyze, I have been applying but as I wont buy my way in, Im no use until there is a shortage, that is part of my gripe. I was willing to go out and earn my stripes by starting at the bottom and working my way up.

I wanted to get my pic time, even if it was on multi piston, then turbine, but at least I earned it and now feel in aviation I would make a good F.O. in an airline/corporate and work my way to captaincy.

I have been making command decisions, flight planning, understanding what is required to conduct a safe flight knowing the buck stops at me and Im responsible.

I also dont want to be part of the crowd dragging down our T's and C's. I could have bought a type rating as well and joined RYR, Easy etc but I dont feel that is right (just my opinion) until you have actual experience conducting smaller less important flights so you actually gain real worl exprience.

Someone mentioned earlier that BA, Virgin etc all ask for 500 on type bfore they hire you. The reason they do that now is because the 20 year old 200 hour hero was impatient, all started buying there way in, thus our flight pay has plummeted and now that they know they can make us pay, they do!!

Before, it was experience that counted, regardless of what or where you went to fly, you still had to do a type rating, be trained and all the rest, but at least your first job was not an A320 doing .82 with no real worl experience or understanding of what is actually happening.

Virga and a few others are merely trying to state like myself, experience counts, be patient, learn your trade, get an understanding an appreciation for what is going on and progress properly and safely, nothing wrong with that.