PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Infinte Type Rated Pilots it seems!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2011, 12:26
BigNumber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have posted this before but will offer this analysis again.

I hold that it will increasingly prove difficult to earn a "plausible living" performing what is essentially a blue collar function that others are willing to pay to do.

So............

Whilst flying desperately retains its last morsels of kudos, young 'pasty faced' little boys will take their walking talking daddy wallets down to Oxford to attend a highly polished open day. Following a thorough assessment day, and now armed with an apositely aquired confirmation bias, Oxfords cash till can ring again. (Timothy did so very well in those difficult computer tests.)

Dinner party's at M n D's now routinely turn to the challenges of flying a modern jet; our 'pasty faced' lad is delighted to elucidate much to the delight of his parents! That JOC course has been most useful. Mum glows with pride each time Timothy comes home, (with his washing), wearing that smart Oxford Uniform carrying a ridiculous brief case included in the course price at no extra cost. The stickers were extra.

But, now armed with his MEP/IR MCC and JOC, employent just isn't beating the path to the door. (Times have been hard you know in all industry's, not just aviation.)

Faced with the social indignity of mums bridge group learning that 'Timothy' is working at B & Q and flying 3 hours a month on a 150 Aerobat further funding is soon made available to secure 'our' rightful place on a TR / Flexiscrew, P2F similar. After all, these lads are the lucky ones.

It's a great result!!! Timothy gets to play pilot, Mum gets to 'blow off' at Bridge Club. But, best of all, Wayne n Tracy get a well deserved subsidized 'junket' to Benidorm. Rightly so, didn't the bible did predict that 'the meek would inherit the earth'? or cheap air fares anyway!

For my part, I truely hope that my son will NOT follow in his fathers foot steps. ( Unless he stays in military service for a full career ).