PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trident autothrust system and autoland
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2011, 12:07
petermcleland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrafficPilot

One question regarding the Flight Sim version of the Trident which I see you provided information on. Have you noticed much difference in the handling qualities between the Trident 2 and 3 versions? From reading this thread it sounds like the T3 was somewhat more challenging on take-off in "hot and high" conditions?
Adam,

You have caught me out with your simulator question as I normally fly the T3 in my sim. I fly it mainly from my own Flight Sim airport in Alaska, which took me three years to build. Its runway is a bit short for Trident operation and I do have to use the boost engine to get out with full fuel...I suppose I could do it easier with the T2 at its lighter max weight...But I stick to the T3 as it is what I flew till they amalgamated the Trident flights so that we all flew them all.

However, I'm quite sure that the Flight Sim differences between the types will be accurately represented with the correct empty weights and max weights in the config files.

Here are some more old shots that I published a few years back:-

Kick Off Drift...

FSScreenshots.com Forum - Viewing topic #5526 - Kick Off Drift...

Some Technical Aspects of the Trident 3...

FSScreenshots.com Forum - Viewing topic #5527 - Some Technical Aspects of the Trident 3...

Trident Tutorial...

FSScreenshots.com Forum - Viewing topic #5530 - Trident Tutorial...