PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 1st Jan 2011, 11:29
Phfelix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy New Year to you too!

Thanks for the great response! It's a really good forum. Unlike other forums where's it a bit like one-way.

Can I just say that our flight crew and VCC have been fantastic? I don't think that you're stealing our work. They have agreed to cost savings and want the company to succeed. I do, and many others as well. If BASSA and Amicus had negotiated in the first place we never would have been in this mess. They are the reason to all of this and why there's such a gap between striking and non-striking crew, cabin crew and flight crew, cabin crew and the rest of the people in BA.

I don't know what's gone with rostering as I always seem to be working with striking crew but my next trip is an MIA and they have VCC on it. I'm actually looking forward to it as I know I won't be lonely. Since March I have relied on our flight crew, which I don't mind as they've been great to me.

My name has been spread for many months. I always come into work with a stomach ache. Maybe that's why crew are ignoring me.

But I love my job more than anything else. I would have given out hot towels but I can remember many flights where our CSD asked us to, but crew wearing Bassa lanyards etc, refused. If you did they would give you nasty looks, backstab you in the galley when you went out in the cabin and never speak to you again. It takes less than 2 minutes to do it. You don't need another crew onboard to do it.

Compare us to SIA, EK, EY, QR, AF, QF etc. They work their crew very hard. They don't demand another crew member to another additional task. I worked for a company in the Middle East and sometimes we operated three below standard because there were no crew available yet they demanded a full service. We managed. The striking crew at BA have no idea how lucky they are.

I want BA to succeed. I love my job. I love serving our customers. I just don't know how to cope.