PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resources for low-time pilots not interested in airlines?
Old 1st Jan 2011, 10:25
Jazzop89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flyingfish24:

Yeah, I'm aware that most signs point to AK as the place to do what I want to do. It's certainly in the back of my mind. It will be tricky to relocate there and continue my main profession, though. And it's a long commute from the East Coast!

darkroomsource:

Thanks for the patronizing breakdown of what logbook hours are worth. I am quite aware of it. However, you appear to assume that I am a dumb kid who wants to "grow up to be a commercial pilot." I'm simply looking to avoid going postal by scaling back my regular work and subsidize the kind of flying I prefer to do by getting paid to do it. Oh, and I also know the value of sweat equity; I've spent a good 10 hours wrangling gliders on the ground for every hour I have logged in the air.

One way to get around company minimums is just to own my own A/C and operate under Part 91. That's also a possibility. It also means I get to work for myself, which is one of the main things I hope to achieve in my commercial flying.