PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone actually like Emirates? (Hamster Wheel Thread)
Old 1st Jan 2011, 06:50
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look guys, this is all getting a bit silly!

In answer to the original posters question, some of us do like it here and are happy despite the fact we are working our arses off and the company is on a 'take' cycle rather like a one armed bandit in Vegas! At some point it will HAVE to start giving back or guys will simply move on to one that is on a 'give' cycle. Supply and demand chaps!

Like many, I didn't come here to join EK, I came here to get out of my home country and ludicrous taxation, I did a hell of a lot of research, came with my eyes wide open and CRUCIALLY had a LONG TERM plan to stay. If you are coming here just to 'dip your toe' for a couple of years, then I hate to say it but you will absolutely hate it and you will look for every single reason to leave and the weak willed will find many. If however you put 110% effort into making this your home and your new life, then there are many positives.

On the other hand there are several guys who don't like it here, some for good reason eg. F/O from RJ's who joined over 2 years ago and who have been stuffed with the change in upgrade policy for instance, and then there are some who probably wouldn't be happy wherever they were and vent their spleen on a public forum with the veil of providing a 'public service' to prospective new joiners. The problem I have with the latter is that VERY RARELY do they actually come up with hard facts, evidence or reasons for their discontent, rather they just continually recycle the same old posts stating how cr@p everything is here (Check out Sheikmyarse's posts as a case-in-point).

There are several problems and issues at EK that guys do need to be made aware of eg. Fatigue is a major issue, screwing around with the overtime thresholds, upgrade policy and stable projectable career progression, lack of 3% yearly increment for past 2 years, the spectre of being charged a proportion of DEWA charges, lack of a union etc etc.

These are all issues that compound miserable ones beliefs that everything is sh1t here and the company is out to get you.

To ask if anyone is happy at EK on Pprune is a bit of a silly question really because as you can see, there are probably 10 (maximum 20) people who post regularly here which is less than 1% of the EK pilot workforce..... Hardly representative now is it????

Be prepared now for several of these miseries to state as fact that EVERYONE they fly with hates it here and wants to get out ASAP. I on the other hand disagree, the VAST majority of guys I fly with (although knackered) actually like it here.

Now, who are you gonna believe?