PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Infinte Type Rated Pilots it seems!!
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2010, 16:55
darkroomsource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You clearly aren't a pilot. EU OPS limits maximum block hours for flight crew to a maximum of 900 hours per year, although in reality, most pilots in airlines do about 800 block hours. The biggest mistake you made is compare flight (block hours) with working hours of an accountant. Block time starts when the aircraft starts to move on its on power and end when the aircraft comes to a complete stop on the blocks, not when a pilots shows for work and leaves after final flight of the day. Comparing block time to 9-5 job of some accountant -
I am a pilot.
And I have had a career in business.
And I know that a pilot can get at most 1000 hours in a year. and even if you only figure 800 hours, that's a whopping 3 years of experience.
But you have to SUBTRACT the time that would be the equivalent of getting your degree in the REAL WORLD, so you have to subtract four years of "experience" and what do you have? a negative balance.

I am NOT saying that 2600 hours is nothing.

I AM saying that 2600 is not "experienced" it is just a newbie.

And "a 4500 hour" captain plus 2500 FO means 7000 hours. well that's just a grand total of less than 10 years combined.

I wouldn't put a project manager on building a $300 million factory who had less than 10 years experience, plus a 4 year degree, why would I put less experience in charge of a $300 million airplane with 400 lives at stake?