PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone actually like Emirates? (Hamster Wheel Thread)
Old 31st Dec 2010, 11:35
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A380, you make very valid points.... immigration, sh1t weather, chavs et al. We are the FIRST to admit the (once) Great Britain has gone well and truly down the sh1tter!

These are but a few of the MANY reasons us 'poms' evacuated the UK in the first place, and moved to sunnier/happier climbs.

You will find that most Brits (not all), are more than happy with their decision to leave the UK and come over here which is precisely the reason why you WONT find many of us bitching and moaning, because we had the balls to make the change.

Now the Aussies on the other hand....... Good god, where do I begin? Before I arrived at EK, my impression of you guys was; relaxed, beer drinking, barbie throwing, fun loving, chilled out 'surfer dude' types.... Now I'm here to tell you how VERY misguided I was. I realise I was wrong on all counts!

Not only do you guys need a checklist and SOP for wiping your own ring piece, but you have the audacity, and the bare faced cheek to call us 'whingers' when you boys would win Olympic Gold in moaning should it ever be turned into a sport! (just ask our multi national crew their opinion, and they will confirm my observations).

Frankly, I'm fed up with hearing how good everything is in 'Aus mate', you apparently have better weather (really? A little moist in Queensland this week!!), better food, better roads, better Airlines, better women, better doctors/dentists, better Cricket/Rugby teams (yeah right)....etc etc. Well if its that bloody good, why did you leave in the first place?? If the UK was 10% as good as you say Australia is, then I'd be back there in a heart beat. So if it really is as good as all that, then quite simply why don't you bugger off back to whence you came, and take all the many thousands of smelly students working in bars in London with you!!

WK, I believe Nolimit is a Canuk, so feel free to substitute the word Aussie in the above to Canadian as all the same applies (apart from the weather of course).

Now, I realise you cannot tar everyone with the same brush, and indeed I do know (a very) few good blokes from each of the afore mentioned places, so I apologise to the good guys, the others though

BTW, easybusdriver1, I have read all of your posts and for what its worth, I cannot see any reason for your ban.... you have every right to be excited. I am assuming you are mid to late 20's and you are coming to fly here for a big pay rise and improvement in standard of living and will likely have your wide body command by the time you are mid 30's. Good luck to you mate, don't let the misery mongers get you down........ It's not all a bed of roses, but having been where you are, I can tell you from first hand experience (unlike most on here) that you are doing the right thing

Happy New Year to you and yours folks (for those who know the meaning of the word Happy!)

Last edited by Oblaaspop; 31st Dec 2010 at 12:11.