PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Infinte Type Rated Pilots it seems!!
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2010, 02:33
darkroomsource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow!
I opened up a can of worms didn't I?

2600 horus can easily be achieved in with just two years experience of actually line flying. It is, however only equal to one and a half years of working at any other job.

I am pointing out that 2600 hours sounds like a lot, but it is in fact very very inexperienced, when one considers that if one is to get a degree, in say history, or accounting, or computer science, one will have more than 2600 hours of "training" before one graduates with a bachelors.

To consider yourself experience with 2600 hours is ludicrous.

Compared to 250 hours, sure you're experienced, but that's like a senior in college comparing themselves to a high school student. The senior has much more background, sure, but nowhere near as much as the person who's been doing the job for 10 years.

It's not got anything to do with how well you fly the plane, I don't pay my $1000 for a ticket because I want someone who can fly the plane, anyone can fly the plane, especially with all the current technology (this is an exageration, I know that not just anyone can fly the plane). What we, the flying public are paying for, is to have a pilot in the front who's got enough experience to know how to react in an emergency.

Look at the FO who just recently was unable to recover the plane when he disconnected the autopilot when he moved his seat forward, and the captain had to come back into the cockpit before he could finish in the toilet.

And the fact that you can SOOOO upset, shows the level of maturity you have not reached.