PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 30th Dec 2010, 22:28
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AO

You make some really strong points that work for a lot of businesses.

But lets look at me, an engineer. No doubt you want to arrive at your destination on time, but at what cost? Do you think there is a difference between safe and timely, to timely and safe? The very best I can do is offer an aircraft for service on time. How I get to that situation is probably what I could be measured on.

Would you, if you were traveling in a premium cabin, be more worried about your IFE not working, or having a 100% serviceable engine fire detection system? What will get more passenger complaints? OK, it is not cabin crew, but it rolls out to a service job too.

The best Bloody Mary I have ever had was on a BA First flight. I have to quantify that because it was a staff travel ticket and I could not normally fly in that cabin, so I would also not be able to afford to experience the time that went into that drink in the economy cabin. Quantify that.

However, I personally do not want anybody obviously going the extra mile; I want to think after the event that that extra mile was spent on me, but it wasn't rammed down my throat, but that is the reserved Brit in me.

What I see in driven people is yes men, who make promises that cannot be kept. Now that is a huge exaggeration, but it is what people think at the lower end of the salary scale.

Sorry for the ramble, but man flu has kicked in.