PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 30th Dec 2010, 16:55
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Litebulbs,
There are all sorts of great companies to work for. Different individuals have different preferences.
That unite report gives one view.
However, of those that use the 5% to 10% performance based dismissals (see earlier comments - GEC, Oracle, the big 4 accountants et al) some make the "great companies to work for" and some do not. As has already been said, people clamour to work for Oracle and some parts of GE,
They might not be your cup of tea, but they generally have no problem in recruiting great staff.
I once had the privilege of spending time on the GE people development sight - open to all staff. It was light years better than anything I had seen before, and I've worked for some very good companies. .
I guess there is a deal - work hard, deliver results, and we'll pay you well and treat you well and develop you.
Take the big accountants. They are always in the top Cos to work for. ................and all the staff know that about 50% of all recruits will be fired in the next 3 or 4 years. I spent some time learning from Ernst and Young. They are brutal with performance, but get the highest possible ratings from their staff.

Oh, and the accountants are just as mobile as CC and work with different teams all the time, just like CC..