Old 30th Dec 2010, 10:53
DrPepz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read this in the Straits Times at least once a week

ST Forum
HOME > ST FORUM > STORY

Dec 30, 2010
Christmas spoilt by Tiger flight delay, disappointing crew
I HAD a miserable Christmas after my Tiger Airways flight back from Shenzhen last Saturday was delayed by hours. What disappointed me more was the way the crew handled the situation.

For five hours, we were kept on the plane without even a complimentary cup of drinking water. When I alerted the crew on the need to serve at least drinking water to the kids and the elderly, I was told that they had no provision for this and the only way passengers could get drinking water was by paying $3.

Kids were crying and people were cursing, and the lights were buzzing for the flight attendants. However, they were nowhere around to help.

I tried to call the Tiger Airways hotline numbers while inside the plane but the calls would not go through. I went to the airline's Facebook page and found many sharing their misery but the airline was hardly responding to any of them.

Kum Kah Yong

==============

Was also told that Tiger Airways asked Changi Airport to take their company name off the directory board of offices in Terminal 1, because too many irate pax were making their way there! The airport didn't budge though.