PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Infinte Type Rated Pilots it seems!!
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2010, 04:44
darkroomsource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im relatively experienced with 2600 TT including 1600 King Air turbine time
Show me ANY other profession where someone with about 2 years experience (actually about 15 months at 40 hours per week), is considered to be "Relatively Experienced".

2600 hours is NOT relative experienced, if you were working for an accounting firm, you might still be on probation with 2600 hours accounting experience. Especially since the first 250 or so were your training, which for an accountant took FOUR YEARS at university. Based on that, you're still a sophmore at school.

I, for one, am not comfortable when I find out that the two pilots in the front office have a combined total time less than 5000 hours. Sure I can understand it on a Caravan, or a 210, but in a 737? No. Scares the pants off me to think that I'm trusting my life, and the lives of my family to some kids who're younger than my own sons (And I'm only 50).

It blows my mind to think that people actually believe they're qualified, ne, entitled, to have a front office position in a Boeing or Airbus. They need to put in several - read 10-15 years in a SAAB first, and that after having spent several additional years flying something smaller.

What ever happend to work ethic? To being willing to start at the bottom? In the corporate world one must start "in the mailroom" and work one's way to the top. Excluding small family owned businesses, even the bosses son starts in the mailroom.