PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 29th Dec 2010, 22:03
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that the feedback is returned directly to you, immediately, for you to take issue with should you choose to do so?
Surely a BA captain, with all the responsibility that involves, should be able to deliver developmental feedback face to face in a timely and appropriate manner? I certainly have to do so both on-board the aircraft and in training. That does not wash as an excuse I'm afraid because sometimes we all have to stand up and be counted. As many CSD's are, like me, also involved in other areas of the business like training and recruitment, we are very used to receiving feedback so try it, you may be surprised!

Certainly there may be some value in your idea of giving the Captain a more involved form rather than the current motivational/developmental split form we use currently; I will suggest it to my manager for consideration.

Sadly I no longer fly with Pursers so their feedback is not an option any more. The main crew do fill in feedback forms but as I mentioned before, the problem is a lack of continuity. I could be the worst CSD on the fleet (I'm not by the way!) but if on that one day I raise my game then that is what will be reflected on the form. What is needed here is consistency and for that we need 'secret shoppers' or some hidden system of appraisal.

Last edited by ottergirl; 29th Dec 2010 at 22:15.