PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 29th Dec 2010, 21:59
Yellow Pen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MissM:

Us being responsible for more lost days due to sickness could have something to do with that we cannot work, for instance when having a cold. If you work at Waterside for instance there's nothing stopping you from coming into work if you have a cold.
How then do you explain the much lower level of absence amongst flight crew, who have far more stringent fitness requirements, and who breathe exactly the same 'germ filled recirculated air' as you do?

Some 7000 cabin crew went on strike. There will always be people, who are in favour of if industrial action, but won't actually strike themselves as they rely on others to do it on their behalf.
Or 4900 if you believe BA, as I tend to do given that Unite don't even know how many members they have.
Our CEO has done an excellent job splitting the workforce between cabin crew and other work groups.
I beg to differ. Nothing the CEO has said or done has changed my opinion of cabin crew. Your unions shameless mud-slinging has turned most of the workforce against you, and the militant loudmouths have done the rest.

Never in the history of the company have so many people been suspended and dismissed.
Hyperbole. You've no figures to substantiate this.

He has created a sensitive atmosphere forcing us to work with VCC against our will.
Is there a clause in your contract that says you can dictate who you work with?

We have been put on the frontline and in a sensitive position where it doesn't take much before you are accused of bullying or harassing someone.
Don't talk about industrial action and you'll be fine. It isn't hard.