PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 29th Dec 2010, 21:43
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Far-Ted

VCC or MF crew should not be used if legacy crew are sat at home in my opinion. VCC should be doing whatever they were recruited to do in the first place. We have enough crew to cover the operation and other people should not be taking our jobs.

Yotty

Look at the number of crew onboard we have lost over the years. As an example, BASSA dealt very efficiently with BA after 9/11.

Juan Tripp

BASSA have agreed to a reduction of the 48 hour rule yet not in place as nothing have been agreed with BA. I agree that it's an outdated agreement and most of us disapprove with it.

Colonel White

I think you will find that the vast majority of cabin crew have been with BA for a very long time.

Again, we went on strike because we have not been able to reach an agreement with BA. It's simple as that.

Us being responsible for more lost days due to sickness could have something to do with that we cannot work, for instance when having a cold. If you work at Waterside for instance there's nothing stopping you from coming into work if you have a cold.

Some 7000 cabin crew went on strike. There will always be people, who are in favour of if industrial action, but won't actually strike themselves as they rely on others to do it on their behalf. Our CEO has done an excellent job splitting the workforce between cabin crew and other work groups. Never in the history of the company have so many people been suspended and dismissed. He has created a sensitive atmosphere forcing us to work with VCC against our will. We have been put on the frontline and in a sensitive position where it doesn't take much before you are accused of bullying or harassing someone.

Are you implying that you should never take industrial action regardless of how you're being treated just because you love your job?